The Kentucky State Fair is this month – August 15th-25th at the Kentucky Expo Center. There are so many things to see & do! The fair calendar is packed with events, attractions, live music, rides, agriculture & more! There is even a cool new app https://kystatefair.org/the-app/. Be sure to check out the app or website https://kystatefair.org/ for a detailed schedule, map, hours, & more!
Derby Festival 2019 is just around the corner!
Mark your calendar!
4/13 - Thunder Over Louisville
4/25 - Chow Wagon Begins
4/26 - Great Balloon Glow
4/27 - Great Balloon Race
5/1 - Great Steamboat Race
5/2 - The 145th Kentucky Oaks
5/4 - The 145th Kentucky Derby
We hope you enjoy the fantastic events Louisville has to offer!
If you know someone wanting to move to the area, have them give The Oatley Team a call! 502-554-9393
Keller Williams Louisville East
Are you looking for some fun free or inexpensive things to do for Spring Break?
Our client Brandy Schaefer with Louisvillefamilyfun.net has compiled this fantastic list of fun activities to do in Louisville and the surrounding area! Please take a moment to check out her site!
We love our clients here at The Oatley Team!
The Oatley Team is proud to be a sponsor of the Purple Pumpkin Palooza. Pancreatic cancer is the 3rd leading cause of cancer-related death in the United States & affects many families including our own. Please mark your calendar for this event this Sunday, Oct 14 from 1-5 PM located at 1425 Beckley Creek Pkwy, Louisville, KY 40245. Your support is appreciated.
If you’re looking to buy a new home or sell your current one, go with the name you can trust, The Oatley Team. When you do business with us, you get the Top 1% of Realtors in the Louisville area who’ve handled nearly $100 Million or inventory over the last 3 years.
Thinking of moving outside of Louisville, KY? We can recommend top agents anywhere in the world!
It’s that time of the year again for the Kentucky State Fair. Opening date is August 16 and runs until the 26. Ten days of food, fun, and now free with admission, the new Texas Roadhouse Concert Series with some great artists like Gary Allan. Try some amazing treats like fried Oreos or the infamous donut burger. Check out hundreds of booths and cool off with some great refreshments. Please drink responsibly and remember to lock your valuables in the car out of sight.
If you’re looking to buy a new home or sell your current one, go with the name you can trust, The Oatley Team. When you do business with us, you get the Top 1% of Realtors in the Louisville area who have handled nearly $100 Million or inventory over the last 3 years.
The Oatley Team and Century Mortgage are hosting their own Client Appreciation Event yet another year at Churchill Downs. The party starts this coming Thursday on Millionaire's Row at 4 PM until 8:30 PM. Food and drink will be provided. The Night races will begin shortly thereafter. We hope to see you there for a great time with friends and lots of fun.
June 9th THE COLOR RUN is in town! Starting time is 8 am sharp down on Waterfront Park. Check out thecolorrun.com to see what the fun is all about.
The annual Floyds Fork Creek Sweep is this weekend. Come out for a great time cleaning up our Parklands; all while canoeing down the peaceful and beautiful Floyds Fork. This is a free, all-ages volunteer event and the canoes are provided. Also, enjoy complimentary Sugar and Spice Doughnuts for breakfast and catered lunch after the Sweep.
Shakespeare in the Park is back for the summer! Kicking off is A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Come hang out and watch the drama unfold at Story Avenue Park this Saturday at 6:30 pm.
Derby is so close and Saturday is opening day for Churchill Downs! The theme is “Dress to Impress”. So, ladies pick out your favorite hat and dress; gentlemen, pull out your favorite suit and get ready to have a great time experiencing one of the Derby City’s premier, race-season events. Must be 18 to enter, and tickets start at $15.
Thunder Over Louisville is finally here this Saturday! For all your Thunder info like where to park and what roads will be closed, click here. If airplanes, food trucks, and fireworks aren’t your thing, Farmington Historic Plantation is having its annual spring festival and plant sale from 8am-2pm also.
Want to help keep the community clean? Beargrass Creek Alliance is doing a creek sweep this Saturday! Come out to help keep our city pretty and maybe even make some friends! For more info, check out: https://kwalliance.org/event/bca-spring-cleanup/
or their facebook event page
It’s a big weekend here in the ‘Ville. Not only is it the weekend of the Easter Parade on Frankfort Ave, but it is also the day of the Super Run 5k! Dress up as your favorite superhero, and run to support local nonprofits in the community. For more information, check out these links to their facebook event pages.
It's official; the Easter Bunny has begun his work! This Saturday, there is a multitude of Easter egg hunts and places to meet the big bunny all over Louisville. Grab your loved ones and get some candy. Here are just a few of the sites to get your sugar stash around town. https://www.facebook.com/events/1130888900380191/
Get ready to grab some dough! Louisville is getting its own NoBaked Cookie Dough Shop located on Blankenbaker Pkwy, and its Grand Opening is this Saturday at noon. They will have nine different flavors, including vegan options. So grab your green, and check out the latest new dessert trend before the infamous St. Patty’s Day Parade, which starts at three. It will begin at the corner of Broadway and Baxter and make its way down Bardstown Rd. For more info about the celebration, check out www.louisvilleirish.com.
Looking for something fun to do this weekend to get out of the house? Mellwood Art Center is hosting its spring art show this weekend on Saturday and Sunday from 11am-6pm. Admission and parking are free. There will be food, performances, and of course, lots of local art. Come out and support the Louisville art community and find some new pieces for your home you will love.
More excited about the Puppy Bowl than the Super Bowl? Come down to Copper and Kings on Sunday, February 4th and help support the Kentucky Humane Society with the Puppy Bowl Watch Party! Doors open at 2 PM, and the Puppy Bowl will stream from 3-5 PM. There will be local pet shop vendors, and food and drink available for purchase from Butchertown Pizza Hall. Please remember no outside dogs will be allowed inside as this is an adoption event, and there will be shelter animals present. Come on down, have some fun, and maybe even find a new furbaby to love!
Here in Louisville, we have some awesome local parks, talented college teams, and last but definitely not least, some fabulous local eateries and breweries. Let’s take a look and see whats going to be new on the scene for 2018!
- Against The Grain - the second location for the company, planning on opening in the Schnitzelburg area.
- Bluegrass Brewing Co. - plans are to reopen in its original Theater Square location.
- Bob’s Steak & Chop House. - one of the two Texas-based restaurants coming to the Omni.
- The Champagnery. - a champagne bar coming to Frankfort Avenue.
- Daddy Rich's - the pop-up restaurant that previously operated out of Chef Space, a kitchen incubator in Russell, will soon have a permanent location in Old Louisville.
- Delfino’s - From the hospitality group, CT Restaurant Partners, has plans to open in the Valley Station area.
- El Camino - the beloved Mexican joint is expected make a second go in the Germantown side of Goss Avenue.
- El Taco Luchador - after a successful second restaurant opening in 2017, is full steam ahead with a J-town location expected to open in the spring.
- Falls City Brewing Company - moving locations to NuLu
- Farm to Fork - a catering company which recently moved to the Portland area and has plans to open a small cafe.
- Feast BBQ - another restaurant opening...
What: Lights Under Louisville
Where: Louisville Mega Cavern - 1841 Taylor Ave Louisville, KY 40213
When: November 17 – December 31, Monday-Friday from 6-10pm, Saturday and Sunday 5-10pm
Going out and seeing lights is one of the most classic traditions of the holidays, and during this holiday season, Louisville is host to the world’s only underground holiday light show. Lights Under Louisville at the Louisville Mega Cavern is a wonderful event where patrons can drive their cars underground through parts of the mega cavern to see a massive display of over 3,000,000 lights and 850 characters from your favorite holiday stories. There are VIP passes for certain dates so you can skip the line, as well as dinner options for a holiday meal served at the Louisville Zoo. To learn more about the event, and for complete pricing, click here!
Louisville Homes for Sale – The Highlands
The Louisville Mega Cavern is a short drive away from the Louisville Zoo and one of Louisville’s most iconic neighborhoods, the Highlands. With an abundance of culture, art, restaurants, and shops, the Highlands is a great place for anyone to call home. At The Oatley Team, our goal is to help you find your ideal home, so contact us today to get started!
Click here to see Louisville homes for sale in the Highlands area!
Contact the Oatley Team to find your new...
5 Fun Halloween Events in Louisville!
Halloween Events in Louisville
- Dracula at Actor’s Theatre. One of the most popular plays in Louisville, the best time to see it is right at Halloween. We wrote a blog on this event here, so be sure to check it out for more detailed information. You can see pricing and other information at the website here: https://actorstheatre.org/shows/fifth-third-banks-dracula-2017-2018/
- Louisville Zoo’s Kid’s Largest Halloween Party. With Trick-Or-Treating for kids under 11, the Louisville Zoo is wonderfully decorated with many themes and characters in the Halloween spirit, but not too scary for the little ones. See more information here: https://louisvillezoo.org/halloween/
- Jack O’ Lantern Stroll. An event at Bardstown for the whole family, this Halloween walk is growing in popularity. The streets are lit with hundreds of Jack O’ Lanterns with designs from the basic to the intricate. You can visit the website here: http://www.dreamswithwings.org/jack-o-lantern-stroll/
- Halloween in Brown Park. A great event for those close to the St. Matthew’s area, this free family oriented event features many Trick-Or-Treating locations, hay rides, and games. For more information, view the website here: http://www.stmatthewschamber.com/1004-2/...