Top Reasons to Sell in the Winter
Most people assume spring or summer is the only time to sell a house. In reality, though, winter can be a favorable time to sell.
Here are the top reasons why you should consider selling while the temperatures fall.
1. Low inventory = less competition
- Since spring is the most popular home-selling season, think about the law of supply and demand.
2. Winter brings out the serious buyers
- Spring yields a lot more lookers but not necessarily the most serious. Window shoppers tend to be scarce during winter months – especially during less than ideal weather. When buyers show up in the snow, they are ready to buy.
3. Corporate relocation
- One of the biggest months for corporate relocation is January/February, so those buyers are out in full force looking for new homes & may need to move quickly (& can sometimes be less demanding).
4. Year-end financial bonuses and payouts
- As a seller, year-end performance reviews could mean that more people have money to spend on a home but as a buyer, end-of-year financial bonuses could give them a chance to upgrade their living
Now is still a great time to sell! Contact Agents@TheOatleyTeam.com today!